12.10.2008

Christmas, Christmas Time is Near

I am so excited about Christmas! We decorated our tree this past week, and I must say it is so cute! While Tim and I were in Oregon for Thanksgiving we did a lot of our shopping (taking advantage of no sales tax)! We still have a few gifts to pick up here and there and I can't wait to finish up!

I love that Christmas is full of fun traditions... every year on Christmas Eve we all get together and eat nick knacks (sausage balls, crackers and cheese, finger sandwiches, chicken fingers, and the list could go on). Then the sisters exchange gift and now it will be the sisters and brother in laws! I love that our family has grown and how having more people around makes the season even better!

On Christmas day we still wake up around 7am, even though all of us are in our 20's we are all kids at heart! We go into to the living room to find that Santa has left us gifts... we open those and talk about what we received, while thanking everyone for the wonderful gifts. Then comes the best part of all we have a wonderful breakfast and then just a few hours later we have Christmas dinner! Normally everyone falls into a temporary coma for several hours before for we all head out to the movies! We go to the movies every year on Christmas day, the movie this year is Marley & Me. I am so excited about spending time with my family during Christmas!

No comments: